Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I Owe You An Explanation

 




On the Feast Day of St. Edith Stein (more officially St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross), our family finally became Catholic. After years of thinking about it, exploring it, running away from it, and looking at it again, we pursued it. I had to get off the internet for awhile to chew on things and struggle with ideas while we grew closer to the day of entering the Church.

Being Catholic has made us immensely happy. In all the usual stuff of life, the Catholic Church has brought us peace and joy.

I have a lot to say about becoming Catholic. There are experiences and stories to write about from my life that I was afraid to share because I didn't think I'd actually become Catholic and I didn't want to offend anyone.

One thing I will share now is this: If you really want to know what the Roman Catholic Church teaches, read the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Instead of reading a bunch of articles online or looking at comment threads on blogs, go and talk to a priest.

That said, the blog is back up, and I'm ready write again.


© 2009-2015 Emily Woodham

No comments:

Post a Comment