Wednesday, July 2, 2014

New Beginnings





It's been a year since I last wrote on this blog. We had so many things happen, good things, that it took my breath away, and I didn't have time to write.

I don't think I will ever feel I have a handle on this stuff of life, but somehow despite it all, I'm writing again.

We all like new beginnings and fresh starts. Ending one chapter of life and starting another gives us a sense of movement, a break from the usual To Do lists.

I cleaned up the blog over the last few weeks, chopping out posts that dragged on and on. I have slashed my published posts in half, and I'm not sure if I will edit and repost or not.

To be honest, I'm still not sure that I have the time to blog, but there is this writer in me that wants to write and publish, even if when I look back a year from now I have to toss away half of what's been written.

A new house, a new baby, in what still feels like a new state though we've been here two years . . . My husband is in the planning stages of pursuing his master's degree; we are joining a new homeschool co-op in the fall; we are enrolling in an accredited homeschool program, for the first time ever.  Whew! Thankfully we're starting summer vacation soon and will have some time to goof off!

When our baby was baptized, my heart rejoiced as the priest anointed her and declared, "You are sealed by the Holy Spirit and marked as Christ's own forever." It's good to remember that nothing can snatch us away, that we are His forever, whether in the daily grind or on the rollercoaster with one new turn after another.

I'm excited to see what all this newness brings!





©2014 Emily Woodham

No comments:

Post a Comment