Monday, January 31, 2011

A Day To Remember

(I took this while hiking with friends in Camas, WA in June 2009.)

Today is an important anniversary in our family.  I almost forgot about it which is why I'm going to write about it.  I probably won't get to the whole story tonight for it's late, but my hope is that by the end of the week I will have told you the tale of January 31, 2009, the day Giovanni (our youngest son) had his Broviac taken out of his chest. 

I want to remember, and because I wrote so little down in my journals I will write them here because really it's a story that should be shared.  When the Israelites forgot their stories, they hopped into bed with idols and mocked their Maker.  We all need to remember our stories too, or else these rich and beautiful acts of God in our lives will become as difficult to find as the clear, rushing life giving stream in a thick forest.

God is good and His mercy endures forever.  I pray I never forget that.

4 comments:

  1. May your hope today be anchored in the Word of God in His promises that never fail!

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Within a week I have a huge backlog of your blog entries to read! (It's not a complaint, heehee.) I'm so glad you're writing these events down and sharing them. You're right, when we forget what God has done, we can easily lapse into the nonchalance of the nonbelievers around us--and it is so easy to forget! I look forward to reading Joseph's story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Helen! It's kind of taken on a life of it's own, but it's been good to remember. Thank you, again! :)

    ReplyDelete