Thursday, May 21, 2009

All Better

He's all better. Yes, my youngest is finally declared healthy!! Glory to God in the highest! At last, after 4 1/2 months, Giovanni no longer has pneumonia. His lungs are healed, and we have nothing to fear. The relief of being able to go from "He's getting better" to "He IS well" is tremendous. I pray I've learned from this. I pray I reap the wisdom from this trial and put it into practice. I pray I never take a day for granted, again!

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness! Praise Him for his immutability! Praise Him that He is not a God we control, but that He is the King of kings and Lord of lords. Our God is not weak, nor is His arm too short to save. Nothing is out of His grasp. And I say all this fully aware that our family is not deserving of this blessing. I say this knowing that all this would still be true even if this trial had ended in tragedy. But I can't stop praising, and I am filled with unspeakable gratefulness. I pray I carry this in my heart all my days: God's greatness and goodness is constant and not dependant on any man or circumstance!

I only had a glimpse of what Job saw, and I pray I need see no more. He really is the great Creator and Sustainer of life. I understand (as limited as that understanding is) that it is only His love, it is only because of Jesus, that I could ever move beyond the terror and awe of His majesty into the throne room with my heart's supplications and pleas. Amazingly as my fear of Him has grown, so has my love for Him. The cross is more valuable to me now. His suffering, His separation from the Father, His very death, such love brings me to my knees. Worship rises out of my wounded heart as I see the reality of my humanity and His deity.

Let everything that has breath, praise the Lord!

1 comment: